Sunday, June 26, 2011

TOMORROW!

Well, it is 11:15, which means I leave in about 13 hours for Miami. Tomorrow morning I will leave for New Orleans. I cannot believe it's finally here!! It's crazy to me that Thursday I will be in another country as the first day of 10. I've wanted to do this for so very long and it's finally time! I look back on how I got to this point. Preparing for this trip had it's ups and downs, and several times it was extremely stressful. But God used people to help me raise all the money I needed plus some! But let me back up a little. I didn't choose to go on this particular trip until August or September. I was looking at several others: Ireland, Peru, Alaska, Guatemala, and a few more. But most of these were four week trips or during dates I already had something planned. I thought I wouldn't be able to find a trip I could apply for. However, God had a plan. He brought a girl named Vicki Cheramie into my life. I knew her from school last year, but not very well. Anyway, she ended up in my English class, so we became very close within a few weeks. She mentioned her favorite magazine and how the organization was going on a mission trip. I immediately asked for details. everything was perfect!! I applied, got accepted, fundraised, and prepared all with God's help. He is SO good!!
Tomorrow will be the beginning of a trip that will change my life. I'm excited!! I'm also nervous and a little worked about different little things, but God is NOT a God of fear!! I am covered thoroughly in prayer by so many loving and wonderful people. I knowGod took care of all the details from this point backward, so He will take care of everything from this point on!
This trip will be wonderful and I can't wait to tell you all about it! Thank you again for all of your support!

Until next time,
Taylor

No comments: