Saturday, June 13, 2009

I'm back...........

o.k. Clearly, I have not posted in a while. Sorry. I just kinda forgot about this because of facebook and myspace. Not many people were reading it anyway. =/ However, I will try to start blogging again about my thoughts. I can't make any promises on how often it will be, but I will try to do it more than once a year. lol. If you find yourself enjoying my blog, please tell someone about it. I'm not exactly a fan of writing for no purpose. :/ I know that sounds really mean. I don't mean it to be.
Anyways.... here are two things I've written on my MySpace blog since I stopped writing on here.

ENJOY!!!


_____________________________________________________________________________________
Written: August 20, 2008.


Okay, so a little while ago, I was swinging on my swingset- in the rain. Now, I know that is a little different, but this came to me while I was doing that. I think it's pretty cool, if you don't and you feel like you wasted your time reading this, well I'm sorry. We waste a lot of time in our lives.





I love the rain. I really do. This is why:

The rain can be so gentle and quiet, yet it can also be loud and powerful. When its a gentle drizzle, it's so calm, and is usually ignored or looked over by most people. When it is a huge storm, it is overwhelming. It can't be ignored. When a person is in the middle of a storm, the storm is basically all they can think about and nothing else matters. Whoever is in it realizes that it is almost inexcapable,and even if they can get out of it or it stops, they will still be soaked. No matter what. In this way, the rain is like God, who is gentle enough to hold us and help us, yet powerful enough to overwhelm us. The gentle drizzle is like God's soft whisper, "I love you, my child.Come to me." that we all too often ignore. But the huge powerful storm is like God completely surrounding us and making it extremely obvious that there is no where to go from Him and that we have to go to Him. That there is no way that we can ignore Him. That his love is inexcapable. And that even when we find a way out of his "storm" or it seems to end, we will still be drenched.

Another way rain is like God is this: Rain can take the ugliest, most dead things, and make them whole and beautiful again. God does just that. He takes the people who are hurting, who are lost, who are living horrible,broken lives and He makes them absolutely beautiful. He makes them whole!

Many people think the rain is just nasty wheather that makes the ground muddy. But the rain is not only for the people who love it, it is for the people who hate it as well. They all use the water it brings or the crops it helps grow. They all enjoy its flowers and trees. Same thing with God. Many people do not like Him. But He is still for them!!! He still protects them. He still created them. He still sent His Son to die for them!!! Despite the fact that they have nothing to do with him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Written:May 26, 2009


This is another one of my blogs inspired by the weather that I observed while on my swingset. You don't have to read it. If you do and you like it, great! But if you read it and you hate it, sorry. This is simply my ramblings. Do with it what you want.


Have you ever gone outside on a cloudy night and looked at the sky? Did you notice how there are no stars out? Look again. You will be able to see a few stars. Not many, but a few are definitely shining through the clouds.
The Bible talks about Christians shining like stars. But, you see, there are two types of stars:those that shine through the clouds and those that do not. As I sat on the swingset, I began to think about this. Which stars are we as Christians? Are we those stars that shine through only on the clear nights, when everything is great and our lives couldn't be better? Or are we those stars that shine through the clouds, the stars that shine despite the hard times, despite the problems and difficulties? I mean, yeah it's easy to say, "God is amazing and I love him" when we just made an A on a test, or when we just had an awesome weekend , or when every little thing is going our way. But, it's not easy to say that when we just got in a fight with a friend, when we're stressed out, or when nothing we do seems to turn out right. I'm not gonna lie, when I've had a bad day or week, it's NOT easy for me to say I love God, or to have a good attitude, or to act like Christ. It's not easy at all. In fact, I know that I don't do those things on my bad days. But you see, the thing is, God called us to be stars all the time. Not just when we feel like it.

Also, stars are definitely different than clouds, and nothing can change that. But some blend in with the clouds and are hidden. Christians are different than non-Christians, but some of us blend in with others and it gets hard to see our light. Do we, as Christians, act different, but just different enough?
---"I go to church on Sunday's and Wednesdays but I just don't know about talking to my friends about Jesus."
---"I want to be different, but I want to be normal"
---"I know gossip is wrong and I don't say anything, but I don't want to be rude and just walk away from the conversation"
---"I don't do certain things, but I won't tell my friends what to do. They're old enough to make their own decisions."
We(I'm talking to myself here, too) make these and statements like these all too often.
We should be people who don't blend in with the crowd and let this powerful light called Jesus Christ shine through us at all times, no matter who we are with. Because we have this little thing called ETERNAL LIFE that no one else does. We should at the least, be excited to share it, don't you think? I mean, what if the people we are closest to never came to know Jesus because we chose not to be the bright stars and blended in with the crowd? Our statements/ thoughts should be more like this:
---"I'm proud of the fact that I go to church, and I want to invite my friends."
---"No more being lukewarm. I'm different than the world."
---"Can we not talk about people, please?"
---"I really think this is wrong. What else could we do?"
Again, not gonna lie. It's hard for me to witness. It's hard to do the right thing. It's hard to be known as the different one. Extremely hard, and a lot of times, I do the easy thing. But I don't want to be the one responsible for my loved ones not knowing Jesus and not going to Heaven when they die. So I need to stop doing taking the easy way out.


So: One question remains. Which star will you choose to be?


Phil. 2:15--".... so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, inn which you shine like stars in the universe"

2 Cor. 4:6--"For God, who said ' Let the light shine out of darkness,' has shone in our hearts..."

Matt. 5:16--"In the same way let your light shine before others so that they may see your good works and gve glory to your father in Heaven"



No comments: